Looking for brighter, whiter teeth? Choose ItalDent specialist dental teeth whitening Old Basing
With over 25 years’ experience in cosmetic dentistry and teeth whitening we are the leading practice in Old Basing for teeth whitening treatments. If you have stained teeth or problems with denture colouring, making you feel self-conscious about smiling, our Old Basing cosmetic teeth whitening is an effective solution for a whiter, brighter smile.
Teeth will naturally discolour over time, but smoking and certain food or drinks can also cause hard-to-shift tooth stains. Teeth may also be discoloured with speckled enamel, white banding or coloured spots. They can occasionally be stained during the growth stage by taking certain medications.
At ItalDent's teeth whitening clinic in Old Basing, we offer cosmetic teeth whitening with a free initial consultation. We will discuss your concerns about the colouring of your teeth, then assess your needs and tailor our teeth whitening treatment to give you a brighter, more natural-looking smile.
How do ItalDent's cosmetic teeth whitening treatments in Old Basing work?
We have a robust tooth whitening process that we believe will give you the best results for your smile's appearance.
- The teeth whitening dentist will take impressions of your teeth.
- We will show you how to apply the teeth whitening gel to the mouth trays.
- You will need to use the teeth whitening gel and wear the trays every day for a length of time specified by the tooth whitening dentist.
- This normally takes two to four weeks, depending on your individual needs and target teeth whiteness.
- Be aware that deep stains can reappear on your teeth over time, especially if you tend to smoke or drink tea, coffee or red wine on a regular basis.
Our Old Basing cosmetic teeth whitening is suitable for most people aged 18 and over. If you are pregnant, are breastfeeding or have gum disease then please consult with the dentist first.
Frequently asked questions about cosmetic teeth whitening
Is tooth whitening a good idea?
Cosmetic tooth whitening has become a common aesthetic procedure in dentistry. As a person ages the adult teeth often take on a darker appearance due to changes in the mineral of the tooth, as enamel becomes less porous. In addition, teeth can also become stained by bacterial pigments, dietary habits (such as drinking coffee, tea, red wine) and smoking. Specialist teeth whitening is an affordable and very effective way to combat common causes of tooth discoloration, while boosting self-confidence and improving your appearance.
How does it work?
Tooth whitening is, for the majority of patients, a very safe, effective and affordable treatment. Oxidising agents such as carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide are used to lighten the shade of the teeth. The oxidising agent penetrates porous areas in the rod-like crystal structure of enamel, oxidising interprismatic stain deposits. Over time, the dentine layer underneath the enamel is also effectively whitened.
Is cosmetic teeth whitening safe?
Teeth whitening is considered to be one of the safest treatments available in dentistry and does not cause any damage to teeth structure. Some patients experience small side effects such as temporary tooth sensitivity, however that nearly always goes away after 1 or 2 days.
Which is the best method for tooth whitening?
In our Old Basing teeth whitening clinic, the tooth whitening method that we find shows most advantages and best results is at-home whitening with teeth whitening gel.
This is only available from your dentist, who should supervise your treatment from initial consultation through to completion. Your Italdent Old Basing teeth whitening dentist will take impressions of your upper and lower teeth, then use them to make personalised whitening trays, designed to perfectly fit to your teeth. It is very important to use accurately fitting personalised trays, as they will keep the sticky, viscous gel in better contact with tooth surfaces to be whitened. This means a longer exposure and also helps prevent any migration to gums. Teeth whitening trays will need to be worn by patients for at least 4 hours per treatment session and can be kept in mouth overnight.
Advantages of At-Home-Teeth-Whitening
- Most effective method for tooth whitening in Old Basing.
- Limited treatment time required in the Old Basing surgery and therefore less expensive.
- Patients can check the teeth shade after every application and stop the treatment when happy with their result.
- Very easy and caffordable to repeat the treatment in future if necessary.
- Cosmetic teeth whitening gel contains Potassium Fluoride (PF), which helps to improve oral health. Enamel is strengthened, sensitivity decreased and cavities prevented.
Disadvantages of At-Home-Teeth-Whitening
- Some patients experience temporary tooth sensitivity.
- It takes slightly longer that some other methods. At-home tooth whitening with gel can provide results after just one night, though expect to see best results in about a week.
Does cosmetic teeth whitening last?
The effects of our teeth whitening in Old Basing can last several months, but this can vary depending on the lifestyle of the patient. Factors that affect whitening include smoking and the ingestion of dark coloured liquids like coffee, tea and red wine. The teeth whitening treatment can be repeated though. Gel-at-home teeth whitening systems allow patients to buy extra whitening gel from the our Old Basing teeth whitening dentist and use it with the customised whitening trays. A new prescription from your dentist is not necessary.
Is there teeth whitening for dentures?
Denture whitening and denture colouring are also becoming more common requests from our patients. Methods are very similar to whitening regular teeth. Contact us to discuss denture colouring in Old Basing
Find our Old Basing teeth whitening clinic
Located in Daneshill, our teeth whitening clinic is ideally placed near Old Basing. We are only 2 minutes from Basing View in Basingstoke town centre.